Estate, Family and Succession Planning
1 de March de 2019
In WZ, a multidisciplinary and specialized team supports clients in diagnosing and implementing estate and succession planning, aiming tax-efficient solutions to better preserve, organize and manage assets.
Our team is also specialized in representing clients in all cases (consensual or contentious) involving family law and succession planning, always working in a sensitive, dedicated and discrete manner. Among the services we offer in these areas, the following are highlighted:
- Reorganization of family companies, constitution of investment vehicles and holdings, in Brazil and/or abroad, with aims involving succession planning, tax planning and/or asset organization;
- Elaboration and implementation of all the necessary instruments to regulate the relationship between partners and/or shareholders and the management of companies, including shareholders or quotaholders’ agreements, issuance of preferential non-voting shares or golden shares, among others;
- Elaboration of wills, pre-nuptial agreements, common-law marriage agreements, notarial instruments, deeds of declaration (lack of legal capacity and/or appointment of guardians/curators), family protocols, deeds of donation and/or establishment of usufruct, in compliance, when necessary, with the implementation of the proposed corporate structure;
- Representation of the interests of our clients in court or out-of-court probate proceedings;
- Representation of the interests of our clients in divorces (in court and out of court), termination of common-law marriages, division of assets, alimony and child support (including revision, exoneration and enforcement), custody and regulation of visitation, adjudications of mental incapacity and requests for amendments in matrimonial regime.