The experienced professionals at WK have the necessary skills to support various and complex matters involving the clients, working in advisory matters and litigation, in the following types of cases:
- Joint support with the area of Contracts for the elaboration and review of contracts and structuring guarantees, with the aim of safeguarding clients in possible future disputes;
- Joint support with the area of Mergers and Acquisitions to carry out the risk assessment in lawsuits and arbitration proceedings impacting the negotiation, aiming at concrete and effective solutions to enable the transactions;
- Issuance of legal opinion involving the implementation and interpretation of Brazilian law, especially material civil law, consumer law, corporate law and civil procedure;
- Definition of strategy and conduction of lawsuits involving many areas of the law, such as consumer, contracts, civil construction, torts, judicial reorganization and bankruptcy, real estate, administrative, energy, corporate, capital markets and antitrust, always advising the clients toward a quick, effective and uncontroversial solution.
WK offers their clients a highly qualified team, with domain of international models and expertise in the analysis of all types of contracts, in many languages. The professionals can be highlighted in the following activities:
- Negotiation, elaboration and review of strategic contracts and/or related to the core business of national or foreign entities;
- Review of contracts to adapt them to the Brazilian legal framework;
- Elaboration and review of routine agreements;
- Development of policy for contract management and monitoring the compliance with contractual obligations;
- Legal opinions and analysis of contracts and specific contractual clauses;
- Contract-focused due diligence;
- Secondment with the legal department of companies to support specific demands concerning certain projects or operations.
WK believes that preventive action brings significant benefits to clients, once it can drastically reduce the involvement in court disputes, allowing financial and time savings, in addition to enabling focus on the business and not in dispute resolution. Therefore, our professionals are dedicated to:
- Identifying risky situations and defining and executing strategies to mitigate impacts and losses, to clients and third parties;
- Providing advice in dispute settlement, in order to guarantee that rights and interests of the clients are preserved;
- Direct work in the negotiation of alternatives in dispute resolution;
- Working in mediation as a fast and healthy dispute resolution system involving either individuals or legal entities. The team at WZ works as a mediator and/or supports the clients in the choice of one or more mediators and/or mediation institutions, attendance in the scheduled meetings for this purpose and elaboration of documents to consolidate the agreement reached.
Estate, Family and Succession Planning
In WK, a multidisciplinary and specialized team supports clients in diagnosing and implementing estate and succession planning, aiming tax-efficient solutions to better preserve, organize and manage assets.
Our team is also specialized in representing clients in all cases (consensual or contentious) involving family law and succession planning, always working in a sensitive, dedicated and discrete manner. Among the services we offer in these areas, the following are highlighted:
- Reorganization of family companies, constitution of investment vehicles and holdings, in Brazil and/or abroad, with aims involving succession planning, tax planning and/or asset organization;
- Elaboration and implementation of all the necessary instruments to regulate the relationship between partners and/or shareholders and the management of companies, including shareholders or quotaholders’ agreements, issuance of preferential non-voting shares or golden shares, among others;
- Elaboration of wills, pre-nuptial agreements, common-law marriage agreements, notarial instruments, deeds of declaration (lack of legal capacity and/or appointment of guardians/curators), family protocols, deeds of donation and/or establishment of usufruct, in compliance, when necessary, with the implementation of the proposed corporate structure;
- Representation of the interests of our clients in court or out-of-court probate proceedings;
- Representation of the interests of our clients in divorces (in court and out of court), termination of common-law marriages, division of assets, alimony and child support (including revision, exoneration and enforcement), custody and regulation of visitation, adjudications of mental incapacity and requests for amendments in matrimonial regime.